Things to Do in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland
The Blackall Range dominates the hinterland of the Sunshine Coast in South East Queensland. The main settlements on the range include the quaint villages of Maleny, Montville, Flaxton and Mapleton. Mapleton Falls National Park is one of several national parks located on the Blackall Range.
- Mudjimba, Maroochydore and Mooloolaba beaches, 30-40 Minutes
- Noosa Main Beach, 55 Minutes
- Caloundra, 45 Minutes
Parks, Reserves, Activities
Bordering the southern boundary of the Lodge, Mapleton Falls National park is immediately accessible, 1 Km to lookout. Home to the Wompoo Fruit Dove.
Sunshine Coast Hinterland Great Walk, Passing along Daymar road and the entrance to the Lodge the 62 km great walk takes in many of the Blackall range attractions including National Parks, State Forests, and reserves.
Restaurants and shops
- Mapleton Restaurants and shops, 2 km from the lodge – Free Evening shuttle available on request, return approx 9pm
- Montville Restaurant and shops, 10 km from the Lodge – Free Evening shuttle available on request, return approx 9pm
- Flaxton – Restaurant and shops, 6 km from the Lodge – Free Evening shuttle available on request, return approx 9pm
- Maleny – Restaurant and Shops, 26 km from the Lodge
- Nambour (Major town – all supplies available from Nambour) 14 km from the Lodge
At the Lodge we are in the throws of Habitat regeneration (Land for wildlife) – Regenerating Native habitat and expanding the existing remnant forest on the property.